Wednesday, March 26

Yes Wow

Last night we saw Justice and Diplo. Seems like everyone we know was there. Like allll of Seattle was there. Our friends always like to get in line really super early for shows and then we sneak in line with them later. It's the best! Thanks guys. You're the best. You know who you are. We've been front row for Daft Punk and Justice now. Yikezzzzz! It was a sweet show. I don't know how Justice does it. They produce the fattest drum sounds with just that stomping kick and snare beat. And the bass! It's the sound of a redwood tree falling over in ultra slow motion. So phatty! They don't even have to say words, just fiddle with things and be French. I love it. We're working on some fat sounds of our own in the lab. Shhh!

Here are a few candids to share from our video shoot.

(Removed by request)

Has anyone heard the new Kylie Minogue? It's really really good. I've always liked her since I was a child hearing her one U.S. hit on KISS FM SEATTLE. This is my favorite song so far from the record:



Cool right? I guess she turns 40 this year. That is insane! She is still rocking it. Looks like the album isn't out in the U.S. yet. How lame is that? She is a hit in every major country already except here. They have to wait 6 months so they can record a collabo with Mims before they release it here. (True story) (Sad, but true). Claire said they were rocking Kylie on the radio in Ireland when she was there last November. They're so ahead of the electrodancepopscene. Peace out friends.

OH! P.S. - David (Keys, Guitar, Latin Heartthrob) won Ikea's messiest closet competition! Thanks to any of you who voted! Now cool Swedish people are going to invade David's house and essentially "pimp" his closet. I put that in a way the kids can understand. wink wink.

- Xzibit

5 comments:

Travis March 28, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

DID YOU KNOW THAT C89.5 PLAYS THE NEW KYLIE ALL THE TIME.

I didn't until two days ago. Best radio station in Seattle. (sorry KEXP)

MJ March 29, 2008 at 7:22 PM  

So you all are the punk kids always getting in my way up front! I'm joshin' ya of course, you can stand next to me at Daft Punk anytime, just no more of that whole sticking your arms out and doing circles thing...Um, Justice is simply SO WONDERFUL...They are going to be this year's Justice at Coachella. That's right, they are following up their last amazing show there with an even bigger blowout this year. Cant wait!


Holding my breath until Natalie Portman's Shaved Head plays the great Indio party we call Coachella!


...And I did not know that Travis, I guess I need to start listening to C89 again...Although there is nothing worse than coming down from a night of great partying only to switch over on Sunday morning to non-C89...Always throughs me for a loop.

Natalie Portman's Shaved Head March 30, 2008 at 11:07 PM  

i know whats with that? it was total religious music when i wanted some hot dance music this morning on my way to practice.

MJ April 10, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

I remember a time when it was just straight gospel, though now they try to mix it up more and include electronic religious music. You'll be listening to a song that you think is some cool new electronic dance remix, then when you really listen to the lyrics its like "oh, my God. That's not 'raise the sun,' but 'praise the Son!" Only in Seattle...

Can we please get an update and more info on the video?

Blink! April 14, 2008 at 6:10 PM  

_|(_)571[3 \/\/45 s0 60|v|6