Sunday, August 3

Toronto Rock City

Hello cool cats. We are currently on the road in the van about an hour away from Toronto. It was a little scary at the border crossing into Canada. They made us pull over and get out of the van, and they searched through our stuff while we sat watching lined up on the concrete wall. Luckily it didn’t take too long. I think they gave up searching the back of the van because bags and boxes and cases are stacked completely to the ceiling of our Sprinter. They seemed afraid of having the Tetris puzzle come falling down on them, so we got through cool. Of course we’re all super nice and clean ppl, so that helped too. ☺

holy moley

The shows with CSS, the Go! Team, and Matt & Kim have been amazing. They are all some of the coolest and nicest people we’ve met. We’re going to try to go to a theme park with Matt & Kim in Toronto on our day off. That’ll be funnnn!

Claire was just reading her Nylon magazine when unexpectedly she came across an article about CSS where Adriano mentions NPSH! That was a crazy surprise. We love Papa Adriano!!!!! Granted, he is talking about how Brazillian people on this one website hate on CSS and consequentially, hate on us too because we are fwendz. But still cool to be mentioned in Nylon. gO bUy iT aT UrBaN.

A few days ago we played at FIRST AVENUE, which is where PRINCE filmed PURPLE RAIN. That was freaking amazing. We watched Purple Rain in the van as we pulled in to Minneapolis and we got super psyched. It was our first show of the tour, and it was so much fun. We tried to look for the long corridor with dressing rooms that you see in the movie, but we couldn’t find them. Maybe CSS was hiding out in them? We were all in a dressing room right off the stage. It didn’t look like the movie, but still was cool. Liam wrote a message to the Gossip on the fridge that they had signed. So, Goxxxip, please go back to First Ave and read it. The next night we played at Turner Hall, which was all old and wood and super high ceiling’d. It was amazing. They served us enchiladas and chocolate cake. We met some super super cool people who came out to the show. We like ppl!

We have some coolpix from the road that we’ll try to put up soon. Take care and stay cool homies!!!


Love,
Luke & NPSH!

10 comments:

MiaRdc August 3, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

Your adventures are nothing short of what I expected. Matt and Kim are easily some of the greatest and nicest people on the planet. I bet the crowds aren't quite as good as it they are at home :]

Have a little too much fun!

Tyler O'Neill August 5, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

My girlfriend won free tickets to the First Ave show. Though I had never heard the music of NPSH before, I now consider of myself a fan of it, as well as the folks who make it.

Amos August 5, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

Yeah! That was a fantastic show. It was cool to talk with you guys afterwards (yeah, I'm that guy amos). Matt and Kim seem awesome - have fun with that!

Anonymous August 5, 2008 at 10:08 PM  

I just caught you guys at The Phoenix in Toronto and you were far and away the best act there. I went for The Go! Team, but you stole the show. Listening to the sweet cd right now back in my hotel. I'll be telling my friends and keeping an eye out for future shows!!

-Andrew
Moncton, New Brunswick

Anonymous August 5, 2008 at 10:55 PM  

they really did steal the show
it was so stellar and it was fantastic meeting you guyz tonight!

i really hope you come back to toronto
and once again make all my dreamz cum tru.

Anonymous August 6, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

First Avenue has gone through quite a makeover since "Purple Rain." They've remodeled many parts of the venue -- which makes it look nicer, but it hasn't lost its charm. I've never seen the backstage area so I have no idea if that's been changed, too, or if the backstage parts of "Purple Rain" were maybe filmed somewhere else.

You guys were really great at the show! I had never heard your music until that night, and I thought your energy and enthusiasm was refreshing! Rock on, Seattle!

Anonymous August 7, 2008 at 1:32 AM  

Hi, I went to your concert in Toronto and you guys rock!!
I went to see CSS 'cause they are Brazillian (like me) and they rocked too, but you for me were a big surprise. I had never listened to you before that day and I'm really glad that I went to that concert and met your music.

When I was buying your CD you were in front of me and I wanted to say something but I was ashamed I don't know why. I was with a purple shirt with penguins wearing sunglasses in it, I don`t know if you saw me. Whatever haha.

Anyway, your album is great, hope I can see you live again!

And I`m sorry for my bad English ;]

- Fabio, Sao Paulo Brazil.

Anonymous August 10, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

over halfway thru now and only one vlog to show for it? what's the holdup?

Anonymous August 13, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

I had never heard of you guys before, but you guy were AMAZING!!!
I have never seen so many people get into the opening band as much as at the FIRST AVENUE show. You guys are the shit. Keep oon doing what your doin.

Shift Operations August 16, 2008 at 3:45 PM  

we were busy with school and missed your show, but perhaps blogging about you makes up for it. x