Tuesday, November 11

Change has come to America

First Obama and now this????



So I was watching the Hills tonight and I hear this pretty catchy song with a chorus that goes "Booooys, boooooys, boooys..." and I was like, "Sweet new artist, Hills producers. Thanks guys." Well after researching online I find that the song is by none other than ASHLEE SIMPSON. And it's actually good. And I actually like it a lot. While it's a little frightening to admit that to myself, it is reassuring to know that true change has come to America.

Listen to the track "Boys" on Last.fm

p.s. - I know the album actually came out in April, but how was I supposed to know??? I'm guessing I'm not her target demographic.

4 comments:

Sonia November 11, 2008 at 7:29 PM  

I love that song too :D
It's all because we don't live in America anymore, we live in Obamica!

The Spelunkers November 11, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

okay, but, outta my head is genius. GENIUS. i don't know if you've seen the video, but there's a rubix cube and talking statue (I personally am not a big ashlee fan but that did it for me).
hmm, something unrelated. that picture of bo diddley. it reminded me of his backup guitarist who shows up in some of the videos... "The Duchess." Let me just say... leather pants. Okay. That's all.
-- the lightning

Camille November 12, 2008 at 10:37 AM  

I agree with the spelunkers. Outta My Head is ridiculously catchy.

Anywhores, I meant to post this before... but you guys should definitely come over to Memphis or some major city nearby (preferably Memphis) on a Friday or Saturday. I would definitely come... and I'd seriously bake you guys brownies, if that's what it takes to tempt you.

Anonymous November 18, 2008 at 7:50 PM  

Shocker: if you like the Hills, you might also like Ashlee Simpson :p

when you say "boys boys boys," I think of Lady GaGa...