Thursday, July 16

David's Diary

I've been meaning to put more of these up but it's been hard finding internet over these past few days. I'll catch back up real soon though, promise.

July 11th, 2009 (Driving from Sutherlin to Santa Nella)

We started off the day right by watching The O.C. season 2 from the very start of the drive. While i was watching it, I remembered how awesome/absurd that show was and how much I wish we were a band back then so we could play on it. After four episodes in a row we pulled off somewhere in the middle of nowhere [ed. note: Redding, CA, not quite the "middle of nowhere"] to get lunch. We ended up finding this place called Fatboys. It was a sandwich shop where I had one of the best pulled pork sandwiches I’ve ever had. Before we left Shaun ended up getting a free tank top as long as he agreed to tell ever one about the place, he's now officially earned it.

After a few more hours of watching Big Love/The O.C. we pulled into our hotel in Santa Nella [ed. note: actually in the "middle of nowhere"]. We spent the next few hours swimming in a huge pool and chilling in the hot tub before trying to find a place to eat. Right across the street was a restaurant called Pea Soup Anderson that we ended up going to under recommendation from the person at the front desk. We were told that the only way you should eat their pea soup is with all the toppings on it (bacon, cheese, ham, scallions and croutons) and trust me, that is how it’s supposed to be done.


It was amazing! I’ve only had pea soup once or twice before but it was never like this. After eating we went back to the hotel lounged around by the pool until they kicked us out, at which point we watched the 40 biggest Internet stars on VH1. There have been some terrible Internet stars, most of which I luckily don’t remember. I think I made it till number 23 before I feel asleep.

2 comments:

TimH July 17, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

nice recap! loved the SF show by the way - hope you guys had a good time too. i heard some whisperings about a tour with Franz Ferdinand? any truth to that?

Anonymous July 22, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

it's strange how whenever any californian goes on a road trip they end up in REDDING for a pit stop