Sunday, October 25

LDN Day 1

Today was the first time in about two weeks that i've woken up not feeling exhausted so here's a recap of our adventures in England.

(Sorry in advance to those of you that can't stand bad grammar)

Oct 10th-11th, 2009 (Flying to the UK)
We had to be at the airport by four in the morning so we could check all our gear and make sure we were there in time to get on the plane. We were flying from Seattle to Toronto and then from Toronto to London. The first flight from Seattle to Toronto was five hours and we each got our own row which was awesome. I watched Moon, which i highly recommend all of you watch, and then slept the rest of the time. Once we got to Toronto we had a four hour layover. During that time, Liam and I took the opportunity to have a jam session in the echo chamber that’s in the middle of the Toronto airport international section (We have footage of it that we'll post up soon). It was me playing my guitar with no amplifier and Liam just wailing on his snare drum. I guess it was really loud cause everyone was staring at us when we walked out. Luckily, it didn’t actually matter. The next flight was six hours and again we each got our own row to sleep in and that’s exactly what I did.

We got to LDN at eight in the morning and we were all pretty messed up from jet lag and just general flying. We grabbed our bags, hopped on a tube and then took a taxi to our hotel. I knew that I was going to have to just walk around all day otherwise I would pass out and I wanted to get jumped straight into that time zone. I barely remember what we did that day because I was so out of it, but at one point Shaun and I went to a pub to get some internet and some coffee when some old drunk guy wearing a sliver track suit told Shaun he’d rip off his balls if we took a picture while in the pub and then proceeded to demonstrate how he’d do it. I realized two things while sitting in that pub, that London is a pretty amazing city and that it has more gorgeous women in it than any other city I’ve ever been to. It’s almost unbelievable. That night we went and got some really tasty and expensive curry. It was then that I realized you can’t be thinking about how much everything is in US dollars because it’ll just mess with your head. We paid close to 15 pounds for some curry that would cost 8 bucks in the US. I slept better that night than I think I ever have.

Pictures to come soon...

2 comments:

Unknown October 25, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

Check out Malmö or Copenhagen, and then tell me when the most beautiful women per capita are.

Leah October 25, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

After you warned about it, I was kind of disappointed by the lack of bad grammar. Haha.